Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Will of God and Our Own Will

"The defense mechanism of rationalization is a fortress so strong and difficult to disarm primarily because it is in the subconscious.  How often do we, every one of us, invent some theory to justify our improper behavior?  We say 'After all I must rest; I cannot take care of that; I have to defend myself.'

You can even be very devoted to a so-called love, to the apostolate, to honorable causes, but at the source of this may lie a hidden and subconscious egoism.

It is egoism that causes our spiritual life to keep on going in constant tension between our will and the will of God.

Adherence to Christ and to His will, means that when His will is not in accordance with our will, we accept His ruining our plans.  We accept His foiling them.  The events in the lives of the saints often show us how God foiled human plans so that the human will could unite with the will of God.

These statements are from Fr. Tadeusz Dajczer book called The Gift of Faith.

They are clanging around in my head for my attention.  

They are speaking very loudly to me.

In fact, they almost jumped off the page at me when I first read them.

Will be pondering and praying on this one.

Blessings,
Noreen

No comments:

Post a Comment