Monday, December 31, 2012

90 Day Bible Challenge

I'm joining Stephanie at Mostly Blue with a Touch of Pink in the Year of Faith 90 Day Bible Challenge hosted by Sarah Christmyer who is the author of The Bible Timeline Guided Tour. She will send daily emails with information on that time period and reflection questions.

From her website:  Of the 73 books of the Bible, the Bible Timeline reading plan focuses on just 14 of the “narrative books” (also known as “historical books”). When you read these books in order, they take you through the history of salvation from start to finish:

Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, Joshua, Judges, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, 2 Kings, Ezra, Nehemiah, 1 Maccabees, Luke, and Acts of the Apostles. The idea is to read these books first in order to get the “big picture”: a narrative context in which to read the remaining books.

Source
The Bible Timeline divides into 12 historic time periods that will be introduced as you come to them in your reading:

Early World (Genesis 1-11)
Patriarchs (Genesis 12-50)
Egypt & Exodus (Exodus)
Desert Wanderings (Numbers)
Conquest and Judges (Joshua, Judges)
Royal Kingdom (1,2 Samuel; 1 Kings 1-11)
Divided Kingdom (1 Kings 12-22, 2 Kings 1-16)
Exile (2 Kings 17-25)
Return (Ezra, Nehemiah)
Maccabean Revolt (1 Maccabees)
Messianic Fulfillment (Luke)
The Church (Acts)

It starts tomorrow, January 1st!  Go and register HERE.  It's simple to do, just give your name and email address and you're done.  Thank you Stephanie for letting me know about this study!

Blessings,
Noreen

3 comments:

  1. Hi Noreen, I left you a comment here a couple of days ago. Not sure what happened. Glad you're joinging in. I commented back on my blog to let you know that I didn't get Day 1 in my inbox either. I went on the site and found it there to read. Let me know if you get today's. I haven't gotten it so far. Have a great day! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what's going on either. I haven't received either days study. I did leave a comment informing them of it. I did as you suggested and went to the site and read both day one and two. We'll see if they get it straightened out.

      Delete
  2. Noreen, I got mine just a short bit ago! Thanks for sending them an e-mail. There must have been some sort of glitch. Also, I noticed that the e-mail had different chapters to read than the day 2 post on the website. Must be the chapters 5-8 that the e-mail stated. Hope you are enjoying it so far! : )

    ReplyDelete