Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Power Outage

During the power failure, we did have to go to my son's podiatrist to follow up on his ingrown toenail surgeries.  The power in that building was on and I was sickened to learn that the abortion doctor in that same building had moved ALL of his abortions scheduled from another office to that particular office that day.

A pro-life group was back out front praying for that same reason.  I stopped and told them that while they were praying outside the building, we going to pray inside the building.  I had my holy water with me and used it on the door frames inside and prayed hard.

I felt sickened and ready to cry...thinking what was probably happening on the other side of the hallway.  A young man went in and out of that office door several times and I assumed his girlfriend was in with the doctor and very well could have been having an abortion.  I prayed hard for this young man and the woman he was waiting for and for all those who had appointments that day.

God Bless~
noreen

7 comments:

  1. Oh Noreen. For as hard as this is emotionally, we should pray never to lose that heartache. For if we lose our depth of pain for our youngest brothers and sisters, I think we lose what is truly happening to them...

    Praying for you, and thanking God that you have the courage and the drive to go in person to witness for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Noreen,

    I shared the blog comment you left for me on yesterday at the Community of Catholic Bloggers on my Daily Grace post today. It spoke so much to me and I thought others might enjoy it too. I linked your site at the end.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noreen, how could God fail to listen to your heart felt prayers? God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for you to have to be so close to that happening next door! Keep praying! Oswald Chambers once said, "Prayer is the greatest work."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty - that's a great way to think of it because I do not want to "lose what is truly happening to them."

    Daily Grace - it was very moving watching this mother and son interact. Not once did she look burdened by her disabled son. Thank you for sharing it on your blog!

    Sue - I agree, He is listening and is deeply wounded by the abortions taking place in our world.

    Shanda - I'm embarrassed to admit that I do not know who Oswald Chambers is... I will google him now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noreen,
    Thank you for your prayers, presence,and perseverance as you witness for life! You are a blessing to many whether you are affirmed by this fact in this life or the next! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think it could be said any better than Patty did in the first comment. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete