Friday, March 30, 2012

It Was a Tear Jerker

Photo Credit
I went with a few friends the other night to see October Baby and I went in knowing very little of what the story was about.  I had planned it that way so I would genuinely react to the scenes instead of having preconceived notions affect my emotions.  I had heard it was funny, sad and uplifting with a beautiful witness of life and forgiveness.  I hadn't told my gal pals about the sad part even though they knew the premise "a young woman learns she had been given up for adoption after a failed abortion."  I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it but you will cry for it is...
      heartbreaking    uplifting     emotional       hopeful  
It is a story of pain, mercy, forgiveness and hope.  

The great news is that October Baby made the top 10 list on it's opening weekend!  People want to see movies with Christian values and this one has all the drama, suspense and humor of non-Christian movies, yet it comes with a pro-life message that is important.  At times, the humor fell flat and other times, it did very well.  Go and see it!  Bring tissue!  It's only been released in a limited amount of theaters, so let's show Hollywood that movie goers want to see movies that are meaningful, heartfelt and with a moral message!

Resources:
Fox News
Huffington Post
The Daily Beast

Pray for us St. Maximilian Kolbe!
Pray for us St. Gerard Majella!

Blessings,
Noreen

8 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! For our date night, we had planned to see it, but we also wanted to go to confession. The confession line was too long and by the time we were done, it was too late. We went out for beers instead! It was a great date night. the movie will have to wait for next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah~ sounds like you had the perfect date night! The movie should be around for awhile since it did so well it's opening weekend. Let me know when you do see it.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you got to go!! I saw it's at our local theater (as we drove past)and I remarked to my husband that we should go just to help the movie, but the truth is we almost never get to the movies. Buying it on DVD if we can't get to the theater!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or hopefully your local library will get it and you can borrow it from them. I was pleasantly surprised that both The Way and The Mighty Macs were at my local library. Only one copy but it's a start :)

      Delete
  3. Noreen,

    This movie is definitely on my list to buy when it is released on DVD. Watching it at home will probably be better than at a cinema as I am absolutely hopeless with sad movies. I know I shall cry buckets of tears!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure Sue! Crying during a movie in the privacy of your home doesn't hold back the flood of emotions like it will in a theater. It's a painful truth in our society that abortion is legal and at times, it's unsuccessful and those babies are born with both physical and psychological problems because of it. They had no choice in it but are left to deal with the consequences.

      Pray for us St. Maximilian Kolbe!
      Pray for us St. Gerard Majella!

      Delete
  4. I want to see this movie so badly because I've heard such good things about it! Glad you got to see it Noreen! I can't wait to watch it with my husband. Hopefully, it will get to a theater near me soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy! you should definitely see it if you get the chance. I think it's still doing well after it's second weekend out.

      Delete